30 March, 2010

Mummy's chicken

For some reason the chicken we had for dinner tonight has always been called "mummy's chicken" by the kids. No idea why really seeing the recipe is never set in stone and tends to change depending on what mood I'm in but here it is anyway!

Mummy's chicken recipe:
500g chicken breast
flour
2 eggs
dash milk
2 gloves garlic, crushed
breadcrumbs
herbs and other dry stuff!! (I'll explain in the method)

Cut the chicken in to bits that sort of look like fishfingers.
Line up 3 bowls. 1 with flour, 1 with eggs + dash of milk + garlic and one with the breadcrumbs.

Tonight I used panko, I've been known to use preboxed stuffing mix or just normal breadcrumbs as well.

To the breadcrumbs tonight I added (all dried) parsley, thyme, mixed herbs, cayenne powder, that cheap Parmesan packaged stuff (it's the only thing I use it for) and salt and pepper.................all to taste.........experiment a bit and see what you like............but like I said I use all dried stuff because it sticks better.

In the past I've also used cajun seasoning or any dry seasoning like it and different herbs such as oregano and basil but the garlic in the egg mix and the parmesan has always stayed the same.

Dip the chicken in the flour, then the milk mixture and lastly the crumbs.

Pan fry in oil and buttter till just cooked through and slightly browned and crunchy on the outside.

We had ours with baby potatoes and minted peas and carrots.



No comments:

Post a Comment